Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Cracker Barrel Grilled Chicken

The only problem with Cracker Barrel is that it isn't close enough.  Now this recipe isn't exaclty like the version you get at the restaurant but it is sooooo close and is extremely tasty.  I just ate my last bite and am seriously contimplating taking a bite of the hubby's (he is still at work) but I know if I start I won't want to stop and pretty soon his plate will be cleared of all the chicken.  So instead I am sharing this recipe here.  I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Cracker Barrel Grilled Chicken

1 lb boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
1/2 c zesty Italian dressing
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tb honey

Mix dressing, lemon juice, and honey.
Pour over chicken and marinate 30 minutes or longer (preferably longer).
Add the entire mix to a pan and cook over med/med high heat.
Cook until chicken is done and most of the liquid has evaporated. 
Your chicken will have dark spots on it, where the flavors have seared, don't worry this is the best part!

We always double this recipe and never have leftovers!

Raegan Mirick's photo.