Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Something Sweet

I don't typically eat a lot of brownies or cake, I'm just not that into sweets...except the occasional chocolate bar which I don't keep in the house because I would eat them all at one time.  Halloween is pure torture!  This recipe though is wonderful my dad requests them on a fairly regular basis.  He likes them for breakfast with a glass of milk. ;)  I tend to keep two for myself and send the rest to him.  I recently made some for my son's teachers and they all requested the recipe. 

Caramel Pecan Bars

1 c Butter
2 1/4 c packed Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 c Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
2 c Chopped Pecans

In a large saucepan combine butter and brown sugar over medium heat.
Stir until sugar has dissolved.
In a large bowl beat together eggs and vanilla.
Gradually add the hot sugar mixture.
Stirring constantly.
Combine the flour and baking powder.
Add slowly to the butter mixture.
Add pecans.
Spread into a GREASED 13x9 pan.
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

Enjoy!