Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Baked Macaroni and Cheese

I made this last week and my mom said it was the best macaroni she has ever had!  So here is the recipe...

2 Tb butter
2 Tb flour
1Tsp salt
2 1/2 Cups milk (I only had 1 cup so I used chicken broth)
2 Cups cheddar cheese (divided)
2 Cups macaroni (I like shells)
I also sprinkle in some garlic powder and onion powder, I never measure though I just sprinkle till it seems like enough.

Cook macaroni while doing the next steps
Melt butter in a sauce pan
Blend in flour and salt
Add milk slowly
Stir constantly!!!
Add 1 1/2 cups of cheese
After cheese has melted remove mixture from heat
Combine cheese sauce and macaroni
Pour into a 2 quart casserole dish
Top with cheese
Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes

Now it's time to devour it!

Raegan Mirick's photo.
 
Raegan Mirick's photo.