Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Chicken Swirls

I make these for a lot of parties I host and they are always the first thing gone no matter how many I make.  Everyone seems to love them... to be honest I have never even tried them because I despise cream cheese!!!

2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
1/4 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
2 green onions, finely chopped
2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce ( I leave this out if I know I am going to have kids eating them)
I also add garlic and onion powder not sure how much just till I can smell it :)

Separate each tube of crescent dough into four rectangles
Gently press perforations to seal
In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients
Spread evenly over rectangles
Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side
Pinch seams to seal.
Cut each into eight slices
Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets
Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown
Refrigerate leftovers.


Raegan Mirick's photo.
http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/hot-chicken-swirls