Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

Sugar Cookies

I had a friend request this recipe so I thought I would put it here!  I love that these cookies don't have to be refrigerated (I still do though) and that they are really easy to use with cookie cutters.

Sugar Cookies
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Additional flour
 
In a mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar.
Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda;
Gradually add to the creamed mixture.
Sprinkle flour on work surface and knead some into the mix
Roll out dough in batches ( I keep the extra in the fridge) and cut shapes....
Place on greased baking sheet
Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.