Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Texas Trash

So pretty much this is just the Chex Mix recipe.  I absolutely loved this as a kid and now I love making it with my kids, it is a yummy snack!  I remember every Thanksgiving my grandmother would make this and for some reason hers always tasted better than anyone else's.  This was what I looked forward to most on Thanksgiving.  Who needs a turkey or mashed potatoes when you have Grammy's trash?



3cups Corn Chex® cereal (I buy Crispix it's cheaper and has rice on one side and corn on the other)
3cups Rice Chex® cereal
3cups Wheat Chex® cereal
1cup mixed nuts
1cup bite-size pretzels
1cup garlic-flavor bite-size bagel chips or regular-size bagel chips, broken into 1-inch pieces (I dont add these my kids dont enjoy them)
6tablespoons butter or margarine (I double this)
2tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (I double this) 
11/2 teaspoons seasoned salt (I double this)
3/4teaspoon garlic powder (I double this)

1/2 teaspoon onion powder (I double this)

Heat oven to 250°F.
In large bowl, mix cereals, nuts, pretzels and bagel chips; set aside.
In ungreased large roasting pan, melt butter in oven.
Stir in seasonings.
Gradually stir in cereal mixture until evenly coated.
Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
Spread on paper towels to cool, about 15 minutes.
Store in airtight container.

Homemade Chex yum!
 

Blog Archive