Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Mozzarella Sticks

I found this recipe on Pinterest... it is originally from Taste Of Home.  I absolutely love their cookbooks so I figured I would give this a try.  I made them last night as a side with our tortellini bake (instead of french bread)  they were delicious.  The crisp outside and smooth silky inside made them a delight. 


  • 12 pieces string cheese (I only had the mozzarella pearls and so I used those)
  • 12 egg roll wrappers
  • Oil for deep-fat frying
  • Marinara or spaghetti sauce
  •  
  • Place a piece of string cheese near the bottom corner of one egg roll wrapper (keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use).
  • Fold bottom corner over cheese.
  • Roll up halfway; fold sides toward center over cheese.
  • Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal.
  • Repeat with remaining wrappers and cheese.
  • In an electric skillet, heat 1/2 in. of oil to 375°.
  • Fry sticks, a few at a time, for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with marinara sauce. Yield: 1 dozen.
  • Blog Archive