Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Chicken Caesar Sandwiches

I made these for dinner last night because I needed something quick and easy and I saw the recipe on Pinterest so I decided to give it a try.  After one bite hubby declared that he may have a new favorite meal, I thought they were good, the kids weren't crazy about them though.  This is a recipe that I will keep for times when the kids might not be here. : )


Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
Serves 3-4
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup Caesar dressing
1/2 cup Parmesan, shredded
1 tablespoon dried parsley
2 teaspoons pepper
2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded (I didn't use)
Hamburger buns ( I made these homemade and they were delicious I also think pita pockets would be great)

Arrange chicken breasts in a single layer in base of slow cooker.
Pour 1/2 cup water into basin and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks.
Drain water from crock pot.
Return chicken to basin and stir in caesar dressing, parmesan, parsley, and pepper.
Cook on low for 30 minutes.
Remove and serve on buns with romaine.

I cooked mine on the stove because I didn't have the time to wait on them in the s.c.

Blog Archive