Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Fried Chicken

My family absolutely loves fried chicken and  I feel like any good southern woman needs to know how to fry up some chicken!  This is the recipe that I use, I hope your family enjoys it as much as we do.

4-6 Chicken breast
1 cup milk
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
11/2 tsp paprika
1 tb garlic powder
1 tb onion powder

In a large bowl pour milk over chicken and refrigerate for 30+ minutes
In a shallow dish mix together all remaining ingredients
Take chicken from milk and dip into dry ingredients
Let sit for a few minutes and then dip in wet and then dry ingredients one more time
I then let it sit for about ten minutes before frying
Heat oil to 350 and fry chicken until the juices run clear... time varies depending on how big the chicken breasts are (always cut into the biggest piece to make sure its done before serving)

Blog Archive