Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Ritz Chicken Casserole

This recipe screams comfort food to me, this was one of my favorite recipes while living at my parent's home, luckily I found this recipe today while searching the internet.  I am very excited and so was hubby.  1 child loved it the other two said it was ok and then thanked me for making dinner anyway.  ;)

Ingredients:

  • 5 cups chicken breast, cooked and cubed
  • 1 cup sour cream and/or room temperature Greek yogurt (I used ranch dressing because I despise sour cream)
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup
  • 2 cups Ritz crackers, crushed
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • Optional- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds (didn't use)
                    Garlic/garlic powder, other seasonings, to taste ( I used 1 tsp of garlic salt and 1 tsp of onion powder and a 1/8 tsp of pepper.)
Preparation:

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

  • To cook chicken: boil with salt and pepper and any other desired seasonings (ie. an onion) until cooked all the way through. Cool slightly then cut into 1 in. cubes. Place cubes in a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish. ( I cut mine before hand and cooked in a skillet... personal preference)

  • Stir together cream of chicken and sour cream/yogurt. Stir in any other desired seasonings.

  • Pour over chicken.

  • In a bowl stir crackers, butter (and poppy seeds, if using). Sprinkle over casserole.

  • Bake 30 minutes, until browned and bubbly.

Blog Archive