Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Scalloped Potatoes

I can't believe I haven't posted this recipe yet, it is one of my all time favorites.  My grandmother makes a version of this every time we get together as a family and I always look forward to eating them, now I took her version and updated it a bit.  For me this is a comfort meal and makes me think of family.  This is a dish that I could honestly eat about once a week and not ever get tired of it.  I hope that your family will enjoy this as much as we do! 

1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 1/2 cups milk                                    
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
5 cups peeled and thinly sliced potatoes (I use my potato peeler it gets them super thin and is the quickest and safest way to do this)                                                                    
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/4 cup all-purpose flour

In a small bowl, combine the soup, milk, salt and cayenne; set aside.
Place a third of the potatoes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish;
Layer with a third of the butter, flour and soup mixture.
Repeat layers twice.
Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
I also top with cheddar cheese and they are out of this world!  I hope you enjoy as much as we do.

Blog Archive