Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Balsamic Asparagus

Husband really enjoyed this and said that he thought this was his favorite aspect of the meal.  For me however this was my first time to make/eat asparagus and it tastes a little earthy for me.  My mother in law said it was good and my father in law went back for seconds so I guess their votes count more than mine.  I personally think that asparagus has an acquired taste, so it may take a few times to grow on me.

2 cups water
1 bunch (pound) fresh asparagus, trimmed
2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 Tablespoon butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions:
In a large pan, bring water to a boil. 
Add asparagus, and boil uncovered for 4-5 minutes or until tender. 
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, butter, garlic, salt and pepper. 
Drain asaragus and drizzle with balsamic mixture.

Blog Archive