Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

Black Pepper Chicken

Any time we go get Chinese food I go straight for the Black Pepper Chicken I love spicy food.  Tonight my nephew (from China) is spending the night with us and he has only been in America for about six months so I decided we would make some "Chinese food" for him.  He shoveled in his first serving and then asked for seconds by the time he got halfway through the second plate it was getting spicy.  :)  The other kids and I liked this also (hubby is still at work) and I took my neighbor's a bite and they also enjoyed it.  I will definently be making this again!

Black Pepper Chicken Recipe ( I quadrupled the recipe)

Chinese Black Pepper Chicken

Ingredients:
1 skinless and boneless chicken breast, about 8 oz. (cut into thin strips)
1 onion (sliced)
1 green bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
2 tablespoons soy sauce (use 1 tablespoon to marinate the chicken)
1 teaspoon freshly milled black pepper (I would probably only triple this)
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon Maggi seasoning (After some research I learned that you can use 1/2 soy sauce and 1/2 Worcestershire)
2 tablespoons oil

Method:
Marinate the chicken strips with 1 tablespoon of soy sauce for 10 minutes.
Heat up a wok and add cooking oil.
When the cooking oil is hot, add the sliced onions and quickly stir-fry until aromatic and follow by the bell pepper and black pepper.
Stir-fry for 1 minute and add in the chicken strips.
Continue to stir-fry until the chicken is cooked.
Add in soy sauce, Maggi sauce, sugar, and continue to stir-fry until the onions are caramelized.
Dish out and serve hot.

Blog Archive