Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Buttery Garlic Green Beans

I am on a quest to get rid of as many canned foods as possible so instead of making my typical green beans with beef bouillon cubes and potatoes I made fresh green beans tonight.  I will say though there is a HUGE price difference the fresh green beans were 4 times as expensive as the canned ones!  The kids ate them pretty well, hubby loved them and he might have gone back for thirds... and he might have stood over the skillet eating them till I took them away (there were a few left that I will use later this week).  Hubby proclaimed that they were delicious!

1pound fresh green beans, trimmed and snapped in half (this made a TON of green beans)
3tablespoons butter
3cloves garlic, minced (I used 1 tsp instead and hubby said he couldn't really taste the garlic however 1 clove is supposed to be 1/8 tsp)
2pinches lemon pepper (I didn't use)
salt to taste

Place green beans into a large skillet and cover with water; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until beans start to soften, about 5 minutes.
Drain water.
Add butter to green beans; cook and stir until butter is melted, 2 to 3 minutes.
Cook and stir garlic with green beans until garlic is tender and fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes.
Season with lemon pepper and salt.

Buttery Garlic Green Beans

http://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/514438036/buttery-garlic-green-beans/

Blog Archive