Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Cajun Chicken Pasta aka Heaven

A few months ago I posted a recipe and said that it would be amazing with some Cajun seasoning so when I found this recipe I had to try it and I was not disappointed.  I used the full 4 tsp of seasoning and it was slightly too spicy for my kids, hubby and I LOVED this dish though.  It was delicious and will have your taste buds dancing.  :)
8 Ounces of Linguine, Cooked Al Dente
4 Chicken Breasts
4 Teaspoons of Cajun Seasoning
4 Tablespoon Butter
2 Thinly Sliced Of Green Onion (1/2 tsp onion powder)
2 Cups of Heavy Whipped Cream (The original recipe said 4 but that is WAY too much)
1/2 Teaspoon of Dried Basil
1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper
1/2Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 1/2 Grated Parmesan Cheese
Salt to Taste

Here’s what you need to do:
Place the chicken strips and Cajun seasoning into a bowl to coat.
Toss and mix them well.
In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in butter or margarine (if you prefer) until chicken is tender.
Sauté this for about 4-8 minutes.
Remove chicken from the pan.
Reduce the heat then add the green onion, basil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and the heavy cream.
Heat through.
Stir in Parmesan
Add linguini and serve.
 
Chicken Cajun Pasta Recipe Image


*I made this again tonight and it was a big hit again.  If you feel like your pasta is too runny just add some cornstarch...

Blog Archive