Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Texas Roadhouse Loaded Cheese Fries


Everyone in my family LOVED these!  They were amazing, hubby even said "I feel like I have had these before are you sure this is a new recipe?"  After I told him they were the "Copy cat" version of Texas Roadhouse he said " I knew it, that's where I tasted them"


LOADED CHEESE FRIES
Texas Roadhouse Copycat Recipe

4 cups frozen steak fries (I didn't do store bought I made my own. Sliced potatoes and cooked on 450 for thirty minutes)
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt (I tripled this)
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt (I tripled this)
1/4 teaspoon onion powder (I tripled this)
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
6-8 slices of bacon; enough to make 1/2 cup once cooked
frying oil (My bacon didn't make much grease so I used some butter)

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Cook bacon in a medium-sized frying pan over medium-high heat.
Take out bacon when crisp and put on a paper towel to dry.
Pour bacon grease into a bowl and allow to cool slightly.
Add garlic salt, onion powder, and seasoned salt to the grease and stir to mix.
Set aside.
Arrange the fries on a greased baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly golden.
Set oven to broil.
Brush the bacon oil and seasoning mix onto each fry.
Place fries in an oven-safe bowl.
Spread the cheddar cheese over the fries.
Crumble bacon slices, then sprinkle over cheese.
Place dish in oven for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.
Remove from the oven and allow to sit for a few minutes, then serve.

Blog Archive