Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken

This was a yummy dish, slightly too sweet for me though... I think I would cut the sugar back some!  Hubby on the other hand really enjoyed it and said it may be his new favorite meal.  I LOVE the simplicity of it and the fact that I can just throw it all in a crock pot before a busy day and come home to an almost finished meal.  I did double the sauce on this because I wanted to mix it in with my rice a little more.
 
  • 3-4 pounds boneless chicken thighs
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 6 TB apple cider Vinegar
  • 3/4 tsp. ground ginger
  • 1 tsp. minced garlic
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 4 tsp. corn starch
  • 4 tsp. cold water

  •  

    Place chicken in crock pot on lowheat.
    Combine sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper in a separate bowl.
    Mix and pour over the chicken.
    Cook on low for 4-5 hours until chicken is tender.
    Remove chicken and take the fat out of the reserve liquid in the crock pot.
    Place liquid in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
    Combine cornstarch and water until smooth and gradually stir into saucepan until it is thick.
    Pour chicken over cooked rice and cover with your sauce. ENJOY!

    Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken
    http://lilluna.com/crock-pot-teriyaki-chicken/

    Blog Archive