Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Slow Cooker Balsamic Pot Roast

So I went into this recipe with high hopes because I love balsamic vinegar however it was very bland!  If I were to make this again and that is a big IF I would cup the beef broth in half I felt like it over powered everything else.  My kids ate this and hubby ate it but had to dip it in the juice a few times before it had any flavor.  Hubby and kids did say that my Italian Roast is much better.  I honestly feel like I wasted the $15 I spent on the meat.  There is quite a bit left over so I will use it to make shredded tacos, hopefully with the taco seasoning it will be better.  If you really want to try it this is the recipe:

Here’s What You’ll Need
 4 – 5 Lbs of Beef Chuck Roast
2 Cups of Beef Broth
1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tbls of Soy Sauce
1 Tsp of Salt
1/4 Tsp of Red Pepper Flakes
3 Cloves of Fresh Garlic
Pressed Zest of 1/2 an Orange
Red Potatoes

Place Meat and Potatoes into crock pot and turn on low heat.
Whisk together all the other ingredients and pour over the top of the meat.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours. -

Pot Roast
http://mychiclife.com/2013/07/19/slow-cooker-balsamic-pot-roast/

Blog Archive