Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Cheddar Fondue

Tonight I had my Bunco group over and did a fondue theme... this is the cheese recipe that I used, I will post the chocolate tomorrow.  I will say that after everyone left there was more chocolate left over than cheese.... this was beyond good!  I might have stood and ate it by the spoon full after cleaning up. ;)  Hubby also LOVED it.  (Not sure why I cant take the underlining off but it is irritating me)

Cheddar Cheese Fondue
For the fondue:
1 bottle beer or dark ale ( I only used 1 cup I didn't want to overwhelm the cheese)
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz mild cheddar cheese, shredded (I used a blend of cheeses)
8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
I also added nearly one can of chicken broth
Cheddar Cheese Fondue
In a fondue pot over medium heat, heat the beer with the garlic until it begins to bubble gently.
Add a handful of cheese at a time to the fondue pot, stirring until the cheese is melted.
Keep warm over very low heat.
Serve with bread, apples, sausages, and potatoes.

Blog Archive