Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Holy Yum Chicken

Even though I had a plan for dinner tonight I saw this recipe and decided to rearrange my menu because I knew I had to make it!  My awesome 5 year old helped me make tonight's entire meal and when he tasted the chicken he declared that it was AMAZING!

2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken (I use breasts)
1/2 c Dijon Mustard
1/4 c Pure Maple Syrup
1 tb Rice Wine Vinegar ( I used Red Wine Vinegar)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tb Cornstarch
2 tsp Fresh Rosemary

* I needed 2 tb cornstarch, I also added 2 tb syrup to the liquid mixture at the end it was too mustardy for our taste.  ;)

Preheat oven to 450
Line an 8x8 pan with foil
In a small bowl whisk Dijon, syrup, vinegar, s&p
Place chicken in pan
Pour sauce over top
Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes
Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes
Remove chicken and place on a plate
Stir cornstarch into the sauce
Sprinkle rosemary on top



http://www.tablefortwoblog.com/2013/02/06/holy-yum-chicken/

Blog Archive