Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

Biscuit and Gravy Casserole

This morning while trying to figure out what to make for breakfast I stumbled across a recipe for biscuit and gravy casserole and thought that might be interesting, so I gave it a try!  My hubby and two of the kiddos loved it the other wasn't crazy about it because "he doesn't like gravy"... not sure when this happened...  Anyway I did modify the original recipe I found quite a bit, but it was a good starting point!

Ingredients you'll need:

1 pound sausage

1 1/2 ounces sausage gravy mix (I made homemade gravy)


1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

6 eggs

1/2 cup milk

to taste salt

to taste black pepper

1 Can (8 oz) biscuits (I made homemade biscuits just remember not to cook the dough before making the casserole it has plenty of time to cook when it is all together.)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Get a 9 x 13 pan and spray it with Pam or other cooking spray.
Then take the Biscuits and tear into 1" pieces and line bottom of your pan.
Brown your sausage in a skillet and scatter over biscuits.
Sprinkle with Cheddar Cheese.
Whisk eggs and milk with a pinch of salt and pepper and pour it over the pan.
Make Gravy mix per package directions and pour over.
Bake in the oven for about 30-45 minutes.  
Serve while hot.
 
 

Blog Archive