Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Brownie Pie

This was a hit with my family and neighbors, I didn't try it (we have vacation in 11 days and I need to look decent in my swimsuit).  I hope you enjoy!

Ingredients:
1 pie crust from a 14.1-ounce box of refrigerated pie crust ( I used homemade)
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
4 large eggs, divided
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
6 ounces semisweet chocolate (I used chocolate chips), 
melted and cooled slightly.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup fleur de sel caramel sauce (I used homemade)


 
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
On a lightly floured surface, unroll pie crust. 
Roll pastry into a 12-inch circle.
Press pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate, crimping edges, if desired.
In a medium bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed with a mixer until fluffy. 
Add 3 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. 
Beat in vanilla. 
Stir in melted chocolate until combined.
In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder. 
Gradually add to the butter mixture, beating until smooth. 
Spoon batter into prepared crust.
In a small bowl, combine caramel sauce and remaining egg. (I made homemade caramel)
Spoon caramel mixture by tablespoonfuls over brownie pie. 
Gently swirl batter with a knife. 
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife (or wooden pick) inserted in center comes out clean. 
Let cool 30 minutes before serving.
 
Original recipe from:

Blog Archive