Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Chicken in Creamy Gravy

A few years ago I bought several Taste of Home Cookbooks for $5 each (the big thick hard back ones).  To say I was thrilled would be an understatement.  I use these books often and have found lots of great meals so I had high expectations, and this was amazing! 

In fact it was so amazing I should have made more.  I have one child who is sick so my oldest son ate his chicken, his brothers chicken, went back for more and after that cried because we had eaten it all.  I liked that there was a hint of lemon but that it wasn't overwhelming, the chicken was so tender and moist!  I also made dressing/stuffing and poured some of the gravy over that also and I think I heard the angels sing.  ;-)


4 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 tb canola oil
1 can cream of broccoli soup (I used cream of chicken)
1/4 cup milk
2 tsp lemon juice
1/8 tsp pepper
4 slices lemon

In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil 5-6 minutes on both sides or until browned.
In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, lemon juice and pepper.
Pour over chicken.
Top each chicken breast with a lemon slice.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer until for about 5 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.   

Chicken in Creamy Gravy Recipe
 



 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

                                      



http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/chicken-in-creamy-gravy

Blog Archive