Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Happy Birthday!!!

    
In two days my blog will be a year old!  I can't believe it has been so long, this has been such a fun year.  I have absolutely LOVED sharing my favorite and not so favorite recipes with you.  I hope that you have enjoyed them as much as I have. 
    
This blog has made me step out of my comfort zone and try things I wouldn't typically try.  We have tried so many new dishes and have found a few new favorites that we plan on keeping on our regular rotation.  I know my family (and neighbor) have also enjoyed all the experimenting I have been doing.
    
 I also love that the blog holds me accountable to following my menu.  This has saved us so much money since we are not going out to eat nearly as much.  I love that when I see some of you, you know what we had for dinner last night and will ask about it.  This makes me more motivated to stay on track and follow my meal plan.
    
 Cooking is always an experiment, some things taste great and some don't, you figure out what works for you and what doesn't.  You bond while cooking with your children and teach them important life skills.  For me cooking is a way that I show my love for my family, friends, neighbors, etc...
    
So since we are celebrating a year I would love to do a give away!  Please comment (on this post) and tell me what your favorite memory (recent or far in the past) of cooking would be (winner will be picked at random)!  I have so many memories cooking with my grandmother and taking goodies to the "boys" who worked across the street from her house at the lumber yard.  She has Parkinson's now .and Alzheimer's so it is nice to have such great stories to tell my kids

Blog Archive