Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

Pecan Marshmallow Log

*UPDATE* After I posted this recipe (the next day) I went to eat part of the log and it was hard as a rock... I think I will continue my search, let me say I was heartbroken because pecans are NOT cheap.*

Most of you know these from seeing them at Cracker Barrel, I LOVE them however we aren't at CB often enough so I decided to try and make one myself.  The result was a super yummy treat that I am so happy to have a recipe for!

  • 2 Tbsp butter (divided)
  • 21 regular marshmallows
  • 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cups chopped pecans
  • 24 Kraft caramels (1/2 of 14 oz package)
  • 1 Tbsp water

  •  
    Melt 1 tablespoon butter in pan on low heat. 
    Add 21 marshmallows and stir until melted. 
    Add vanilla and 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
    Beat in enough confectioners sugar to make mixture of kneading consistency.
    Turn mixture out on waxed paper sprinkled with more powdered sugar.
    Knead and shape into a 12 inch long roll.
    Refrigerate until log is cold and firm.
    Place remaining nuts in a 12 X 4 inch rectangular pattern on a piece of waxed paper.
    Combine caramels with remaining butter (1 Tablespoon) and 1 tablespoon water.
    Melt over low heat.
    Pour melted caramel mixture evenly in a thin stream over pecans.
    Let cool. (I waited about ten minutes... next time I will wait a little longer)
    Place marshmallow roll in center.
    Put your hand under the wax paper and lift and press caramel and nuts around marshmallow log, pressing nuts in carefully.
    Seal to edges.
    Place on clean wax paper and cool until log is stiff.
    Eat and enjoy!
     
    Holiday caramel Pecan Logs

    Blog Archive