Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

Chicken with Lemon Cream Sauce

I was looking through a new cookbook marking the recipes I wanted to try and I found this one.  I am so glad that we had this for dinner tonight the sauce was AMAZING.  Hubby and I stood over the pan dipping our bread into the cream because we couldn't get enough of it.  I honestly could have ate it with a spoon.  ;-)  I think I gained about five pounds tonight just from the popovers and cream sauce.  So a big thank you to the Junior League of San Antonio for their cookbook Flavors and to Mrs Smith for submitting this recipe!

 3 lg Chicken Breast (cut into strips)
1/2 cup Milk
3/4 cup Flour (divided)
3 tsp Salt (divided)
2 1/4 tsp Paprika (divided)
1/2 stick Butter or Margarine
2 Chicken Bouillon Cubes (I only had beef so I used those)
1 1/2 cups Water
1 cup Heavy Cream
2 tsp Lemon Juice

Dip chicken in milk
Roll in 1/2 cup flour seasoned with 2 tsp salt and 2 tsp paprika
Fry chicken in hot oil until golden brown
Set aside and keep warm
Melt butter in a saucepan
Blend in remaining flour, salt, paprika, and bouillon cubes ( I didn't add the paprika mainly because of the kiddos)
Gradually add water and cook
Stir constantly until mixture thickens and comes to a boil
Stir in cream
Add lemon juice
Pour cream sauce over chicken

Blog Archive