Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Christmas Ornaments

I know this isn't a recipe as far as something you can eat, but it is something you can create.  One of my favorite things about cooking is making things taste and look beautiful.  Cooking is an art, so that is how I tie this together and honestly it is my blog so I can do what ever I want.  ;-)

1. Roll out the Pluffy to about 1/4″ thick {try not to make it too thin} ( I used modeling clay that I bought on sale for over 90% off)
2. Use cookie cutters to create shapes. Do as many as you can, then ball up and roll out again until there is no more Pluffy to use.
3. Put on a cookie sheet and use a thin straw or end of small paint brush to create a small hole at the top of each ornament.
4. Bake at 275 degrees for 15 minutes.
5. Let them sit until they cool.
6. Lay parchment paper down {to protect table} and let the kids decorate their ornaments with acrylic paints and glitter.
7. Let them dry overnight.
8. Use ribbon to tie onto ornaments so you can hang on the tree or on a package.

 http://www.lifewithoutpink.com/2011/12/20/homemade-ornament-tutorial/

Blog Archive