Pages

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Double Delight Cookies

For Christmas at my parents house I was given several new cookbooks (my family knows me well) and I have been going through them the past few days highlighting the things I wanted to make.  This recipe is from Meals in Minutes (Gooseberry Patch) and I knew instantly that I was going to need to make these.  Double chocolate and pecans need I say more???  Probably not but I will anyway, the dough for these cookies is silky smooth and absolutely beautiful.  My mouth is watering just looking at the cookies I am about to pop into my oven. 

1 c. Butter Flavored Shortening (I used butter, it is just a personal preference)
3/4 c. Sugar
1/2 c. Brown Sugar (Packed)
2 Eggs (Beaten)
2 tb Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 tb Baking Cocoa
2 1/3 c. All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 c. Pecans (Chopped)
1 c. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks

In a large bowl beat shortening and sugars
Blend in eggs, milk, and vanilla
In another bowl combine cocoa, flour, soda, and salt
Add to shortening mixture
Blend well
Fold in pecans and chocolate
Drop by tablespoonful 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets
Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes
Cool

Makes 6 Dozen (I halved the recipe)

Blog Archive