Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pecan Ice Box Cookies

I know, I know I have never mentioned that I LOVE pecans right?  ;-) Hmm well as I am sure you have figured out I have a passion for anything with pecans.  Recently my dad helped me out of a pickle (in the south that means he helped me with a problem) and I told him I would make him some cookies.  Immediately he asked for these so I set out to find a recipe and figure it out.  The dough for these cookies was so good that I am surprised we had any leftover to give my dad, the kids and I kept sneaking bites while I was rolling the logs. Just so you know these are a dry cookie.
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/3 cups brown sugar
1 1/4 cups crisco
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup pecans, chopped
Cream crisco and sugar, add eggs 1 at a time mixing in between, add extracts.
Mix dry ingredients, add dry ingredients to wet in 3 batches, batter will be dry, if too dry and crumbly add 1-2 tablespoons of milk. 
Fold in nuts.
In parchment or cling wrap roll into 6-7 logs and refrigerate overnight.  (I did 4 hours and I only had 4 logs)
Slice and bake on ungreased baking sheet @ 350 for 13-14 minutes.



http://www.newlyweds-blog.com/2011/12/16/holiday-treats-week-icebox-cookies/

Blog Archive