Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Rice Pilaf


When I hear someone say pilaf it sounds so fancy so my thought was hmm I don't think I can make that!  If you are like me and think it sounds difficult think again, it is beyond easy!!!  This was so simple but the flavors were wonderful, it wasn't overwhelming but nice and fresh.  My daughter even said this was her favorite part of the whole meal and my hubby liked it mixed in with the pecan glaze we had from our fried chicken.  All in all I think we will definently add this to our rotation.  Give it a try and tell me what you think.

1/2 cup butter or margarine 
1/2 cup vermicelli, broken into small pieces 
2 cups uncooked long-grain rice 
4 cups chicken broth 
salt, to taste

Melt butter in pan or dutch oven.
Break vermicelli in small pieces and add to pan and cook until golden brown, stirring constantly.
Add rice and stir until rice is well coated with butter.
Boil broth and add boiling broth to rice mixture.
Season to taste.
Cook, covered, over low heat until liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
Stir lightly with fork.
Let stand in warm place about 10 minutes before serving.

 Raegan Mirick's photo.

http://www.recipetips.com/recipe-cards/t--151620/rice-pilaf-10.asp

Blog Archive