Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

White Bread for the Bread Machine

There are very few things that I like more than fresh bread baking and Christmas trees.  Right now I am sitting here on my couch watching Fox News enjoying the aroma of pine and bread.  This recipe takes literally five minutes to throw together and you can use it for dinner and then the next morning whip up some delicious french toast with it.  You can also use this recipe for one of my favorite dishes, I love to make one eyed sailors for breakfast (the recipe is on my blog), as you can see it can be easily adapted to fit your needs.
 
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)                                    
3 tablespoons white sugar                                    
1 1/2 teaspoons salt                                    
3 tablespoons vegetable oil                                    
3 cups bread flour 
2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast 

Place water, sugar, salt, oil, bread flour and yeast into pan of bread machine. 
Bake on White Bread setting . 
Cool on wire racks before slicing.

Blog Archive