Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Pecan Chews

A few weeks ago I tried out a recipe from my new cookbook by JoAnn Fluke and we liked it so much that I decided to fix another one of her goodies.  These cookies are wonderful, they are light and airy but have a great crunch thanks to the pecans.  They remind me of the pecan cookies you can get at the cookie store in the mall. So great!!!

1 cup butter
3 cups brown sugar
4 eggs (beaten)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3 tsp vanilla
2 cups pecans (finely chopped)
4 cups flour

Melt the butter
Add in the brown sugar
Let cool to room temp
Add eggs and mix until combined
Mix in salt, baking soda, vanilla and pecans
Stir until thoroughly combined
Add the flour one cup at a time mixing after each addition
Form the dough into walnut sized balls (make sure you grease your hands)
Place on a greased cookie sheet
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes (mine took 10)

This recipe makes about 8 dozen... I cut it in half!!!

Blog Archive