Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

Pecan Pie Bark

One of my favorite desserts is pecan pie, I know you have heard me talk about the pie at Paula Deen's restaurant, it is AMAZING.  Pecan pie is a slice of heaven on earth, it is comfort on a plate, it is that reward you give yourself at the end of a long day, I think you get the point.  So when I found this recipe I decided to tweak it a little bit and give it a try.  

The outcome was wonderful. I love that this has a slight crunch to it without being hard enough to break a tooth.  ;-) The top is soft and gooey and while it isn't as AMAZING as pecan pie it is a close second and since it takes less time I would say this is a suitable back up recipe.  :-)

2 sticks butter
1 cup white sugar
1 & 1/4 cups pecan halves

1 cup chocolate chips
About 2 packages (approx. 12 sheets) honey graham crackers

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Lay graham crackers tightly across the area of a lightly greased rimmed baking sheet. 

Trim any crackers to fit the sides of the pan if needed. 
Top with chocolate chips.
Set Aside.
In a large saucepan, bring butter, sugar, and pecans to a boil over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. 

Carefully and evenly pour boiled mixture over the entire plane of graham crackers, spreading pecans around evenly. 
Immediately pop graham crackers into the oven and bake for 8 minutes.
Allow graham cracker bark to cool completely before breaking into pieces. 

Store in an airtight container.
Eat one and give away the rest! Believe me you don't want to have these around within reach!





Blog Archive