Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Roasted Herb Green Beans

My hubby and neighbor liked these, I didn't get a chance to taste them because they were all gone before I could make my plate.

1 pound fresh green beans
2 tb fresh herbs or 2 tsp dried herbs
2 tb olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
Several dashes of black pepper (I used 1/8 tsp)
1 ounce Parmesan cheese (I ended up using 1/4 cup)

Preheat oven to 450.
Heat an ungreased 9x13 baking pan in the oven for 5 minutes
In a covered large sauce pan cook green beans in boiling water for 2 minutes and drain.
In a large bowl toss green beans with herbs, oil, salt and pepper.
Spread green beans in a single layer on the hot baking pan.
Return to oven to roast.
Roast uncovered for 8 to 10 minutes (mine only took 5 minutes to get tender).
Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

Original recipe from Better Homes and Gardens.

Blog Archive