Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Green Bean Fries

The first thing my husband said was, "these are amazing put them on your blog", so here is the recipe.  I found this today on Pinterest and I figured we would give them a try.  My family has a love obsession with green beans and so I am always looking for new ways to make them.  I refuse to do the same thing over and over mainly because I don't want my kids to get tired of them and secondly because I don't want to get bored when making them.  These were a hit for sure in fact hubby had to get up and leave the table so that he would stop eating them.  I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!

Vegetable oil, for frying
1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
2 cups chicken broth
2 eggs
1 cup of milk
1 cup flour
1 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper, to taste


Heat a few cups of vegetable oil in a deep pot or fryer over medium-high heat.
Pour chicken broth into a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Add the green beans and let boil for 5 minutes.
Remove beans from broth with a slotted spoon and set in a bowl of cold water.
After beans are cooled down, pat dry with a paper towel.
Whisk the egg and milk together in a shallow bowl.
In another shallow bowl, combine flour, breadcrumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Dip the beans into the egg mixture, followed by the flour mixture and place in hot oil, a few beans at a time.
Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with ranch dressing or other dipping sauces.

My family can't get enough of these Green Bean Fries from SixSistersStuff.com! #sixsistersstuff
http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/

Blog Archive