Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

Vacation in Colorado

Many of you who know me in real life know that I am very blessed with parents who enjoy spoiling their grandkids and who love to travel.  This week once again we combined those two things and the kiddos and I headed to Colorado for spring break. 

If you know my mother you know she loves shopping (maybe that's where I get it from), so we spent the first two days checking out the outlets, ikea, and a few of the fun little shops downtown in Idaho Springs.  While shopping I got a new Michael Kors purse and wallet and Belle got her first Coach purse, yes I know she is only four! The cashier in Calvin Klein was talking about how cute she was and how she had never seen a child that young know her designers so well.  The third day we were snowed in so we didn't do anything major we stayed in and played sorry, skip bo and phase 10 and let me tell you that Nathan my 6 year old is a great little gamer.  We were also able to do a little sledding and the kids had a blast.  On the fourth day my mother bought a new car she recently totalled hers and since they have a house in the mountains in Colorado and a house in the mountains in Tennessee she thought it would be a good idea to have an all wheel drive vehicle.  Most people go on vacation and buy postcards my mother goes on vacation and buys a car.  :-) The boys were able to take private skiing lessons on the fifth day and loved it, Belle and I enjoyed hanging out in the ski lodge watching everyone else ski.  The sixth day was our last day in Colorado so we packed up, cleaned up and loaded the cars.

Now I will say most of our meals we either ate at the house or we drove through somewhere one day thought we ate the most amazing, beautiful, crusty pizza I have ever had.  If you are ever in Colorado make sure that you check out Beau Jo's.  I was slightly intrigued when they brought out honey with our pizza and asked the waiter what it was for, apparently since the crust around the pizza is so big you finish it off with honey... hmm I am definently ok with that!  When I told him we didn't do that in Texas he said "I bet you will now"  and he is right I will be looking to try and find a recipe for a Colorado crust!  Let's just say that the pizza was so good that we went back again later in the week and I might be planning another trip so that hubby can try it!  Check out their website here https://www.beaujos.com/.

We had a great spring break and hope that you did/will also!

Blog Archive