Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Flourless Cheesy Bread

This bread was pretty good, I would make it again, however it wasn't mind blowing.  I did end up using flour in mine because I have heard of arrowroot before but have never used it and honestly have no clue where I would even buy any if I wanted to use it.

1 egg
1/2 cup packed grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup packed shredded cheddar cheese
2 tb plain whole milk yogurt ( I just used milk not yogurt)
1/4 cup arrowroot* (I used flour... I guess it isn't flourless anymore :-))
pinch cayenne pepper
pinch fine ground celtic sea salt
1/4 tsp baking soda

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
Mix with a stand mixer until well-combined.
Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or an Exopat.
Use a silicone spatula to spread the mixture out as thin as you can make it without seeing any holes.
Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes. The edges should be very browned, and the top should be nicely browned.
Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes.
Then use a pizza cutter or knife to cut the bread into wedges or pieces.


Flourless Cheesy Bread Recipe  The Nourished Life

http://www.livingthenourishedlife.com/2013/06/flourless-cheesy-bread-recipe

Blog Archive