Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

French Scrambled Eggs

Tonight I had the brilliant idea to have breakfast for dinner.  I thought that it would be quick and easy which is the goal since hubby is on nights this week and dinner has to be ready EARLY.  I think I was wrong... or I took on to much. 

I made hash browns, gravy, bacon, biscuits, pancakes and these eggs.  I found this recipe earlier on pinterest and decided to make it with a few changes.  I added in some garlic and onion (powder) because it gave it a little more flavor.  Honestly these were the best eggs I have ever had, they were light and fluffy but so full or flavor at the same time.

Nathan who usually isn't a big fan of eggs said they were good and that they were even better than the eggs they had at school on green egg and ham day...  I guess this means I did a good job.  ;-)  I think these eggs will become a go to for breakfast in our home.  We hope that you like these as much as we did.

2 tb butter
5 large eggs
salt
pepper
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic salt with parsley

Place water in the bottom of a double boiler and heat until boiling, reduce the heat to very low.
When the water is simmering, place the top of the double boiler over the water.
Add 1 tablespoon of the butter and heat until melted.
Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a medium bowl just until combined.
Add 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces, salt to taste and a grinding of pepper.
Pour into the double boiler.
Cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon or heatproof rubber spatula, until eggs are thickened into soft curds, 10 to 15 minutes.
 
French Scrambled Eggs. Photo by Bonnie G #2
 

Blog Archive