Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

Glow in the Dark Egg Hunt

For the past 3 or 4 years we have hosted an Easter egg dying party the week before Easter.  This year since I have a child in school (our party was during the day for mommas and kiddos)  I decided to change it up a bit.  While trying to think of something fun to do I had a brilliant idea, a glow in the dark egg hunt. 
 
I liked this idea because it is different enough that it will be new for the kids but it will be super easy to pull off.  Another plus is that there is less preparation for me and it is much cleaner than dying eggs.  :-)  So since we couldn't fit it in before Easter we decided to do it the weekend after and my kids can not wait.  They are so excited and beyond thrilled to do this!
 
Of course we will have other things going on too, the party starts at 5 and we will have the bounce house up, horseshoes, game tables set up and then we will eat dinner.  After dinner the party really gets started when the kids get to search for their eggs. 
 
Last week I got slightly nervous and went ahead and made sure that you could actually see the glow stick inside the eggs.  I was so thrilled when it worked, how bad would that have been if I waited till the day of the party and then it didn't work?  I can only imagine how sad my kids would be. 
 
Since the eggs have glow sticks in them instead of candy I will also have little goody bags for the kids with some candy, pencils, tattoos, and a few other fun things.
 
Since the party is happening at dinner time we are doing a potluck style meal and this is what our menu looks like so far:
Ham
Roast Chicken
Casserole
Salad
Broccoli Cheese Casserole
Rolls
Deviled Eggs
Macaroni and Cheese
Twice Baked Potatoes
Vegetables
Chocolate Chip Pie
Cookies
Brownies
Cake/Cupcakes
Sweet Tea
Unsweet Tea
Dr Pepper
Diet Dr Pepper
Sprite
Coke

Doesn't that sound yummy!

Blog Archive