Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Few Days in Branson

This weekend we took a "girls" trip to Branson, and by girl's trip I mean a 70+ year old, a 50+, me and my 4 year old.  My grandmother has been through a lot lately and needed a little cheering up, so we and by we I mean my mother decided that we needed to give her something fun in her life.  Anytime I am offered a free trip I tag along.

We have been to Branson several times and there is soooo much to do.  We always stay at the Suites at Fall Creek it a nice, recently remodeled resort, and is in a great location.
Since we didn't get in till later Thursday night we went straight to the resort and settled in, played games, and watched movies.





Friday morning we got up and went to a local café that surprisingly none of us have ever been to before.  The lady at the concierge desk told us that we had to try Billy Gails because that is where all the locals go for breakfast.  So we decided to give it a shot.  Luckily it was within just a few minutes of our resort so we made it there in no time.  Once there the parking lot was pretty crowded and the place looked "interesting" but we gave it a try anyway and we were glad we did. The portion sizes were huge if you ever go share a plate!  This is my daughter with her pancake, it hung over the edges of the plate!

Photo: Her pancake is bigger than her!

After breakfast we went shopping there is an outlet in Branson and we decided to hit it up.  The pretty little girl in the picture above got a new Ariel doll at the Disney store and was in heaven.  Her mommy (me) tried and tried to find myself a surprise at the Coach store but they didn't have a whole lot to choose from.  I did get a wallet for our soldier's wife for Mother's Day, but nothing for me.  :-(  After shopping we went and ate at "the place where they throw rolls".  My grandmother had her heart set on eating here and while there are much better places to eat in Branson the oldest and the youngest in our small group really enjoyed catching the rolls being thrown at them.  We then went back to our room and dropped off all our treasures we collected while shopping and got ready for our dinner show. 

For dinner we went to the Branson Belle, which my grandmother loves, we had all done it before but they change shows fairly often so we hadn't seen this show before.  The comedian they had was absolutely HILARIOUS, and the men's group of singers were WONDERFUL, Isabelle's favorite part was the girl playing her violin while hanging upside down and doing tricks on the ropes.  Belly was enthralled.  The dinner was pretty good, typical of what you expect to find on these types of things.






After we left the cruise we went for manicures and pedicures.  This was my grandmother's first time!!!  This is crazy to me because Belle has had at least 10 and she is only 4.  My grandmother loved it and afterwards kept talking about how pretty her nails were.  The lady who had her was so wonderful and good with my grandmother. 

Saturday morning we got up and went to Dicks 5 and 10 store.  If you ever go to Branson you need to check this place out, they have EVERYTHING!  Once we were done we headed out, we ended up leaving a day early to go to a friends graduation on the way home and honestly I was ok with this because I really wanted to be with all my babies on Mother's Day.  We had a great weekend and hope that you did to!

Blog Archive