Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Memorial Day Party

I LOVE Memorial Day!!!  It is one of my favorite holidays of the year, I think that 4th of July and Memorial Day are probably the top two on my list.  Why do I love these two holidays?  I have an obsession with all things patriotic and am a very proud fan of our military!  I also REALLY enjoy having friends over and firing up the grill.  There is something so relaxing about laying in the hammock or sitting around enjoying the summer sunshine.  Plus everything is better with friends which is why we always have a Memorial Day celebration.  This year we are going really big since we will be on vacation for the 4th of July.  I have to wrap it all up into one party instead of two.  ;-)  I do think our 4th of July will be amazing though because fireworks on Cape Cod will be stunning!

So how do we celebrate well of course we have lots of food, lots of games, lots of water toys, and lots of friends.  This year we pulled out the water house, the kids pool, 500+ water balloons, horseshoes, and we even made this "life size" Jenga game and the Yahtzee dice below!  Isn't that fun?  Everyone seemed to really enjoy them!

 Photo: Jenga!!!

Photo

As for the food we had an amazing menu.  I made a brisket, ribs, sausages, chicken kabobs, and shrimp skewers.  Our friends brought hot dogs, hamburgers, all the toppings potato salad, corn on the cob, beans, salad, pasta salad, chips, queso, salsa, cupcakes, pie, cookies, watermelon, popsicles, and drinks.  I always include a sign up list with the evite because I hate to have duplicates. ;-)

Photo: Plates and napkins for the Memorial Day party... aren't they cute?

We hope that you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.  Remember those who have served our country so faithfully! 

Blog Archive