Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Mexican Corn Casserole

This was a lot like cornbread and honestly if I am going to make cornbread I prefer my Golden Sweet Cornbread however this is still good just not what I was expecting.  Hubby and our neighbor ate it up and went back for more... a few times.  I will say the rest of the meal could have overshadowed this, because I made this the same night that we had fajitas and those were "off the chain" as my neighbor would say.

2 eggs
16 ounces corn
3/4 corn meal
1/2 cup plus 2 tb buttermilk
1/2 cup butter (melted)
1 can green chilies
1 medium onion
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups cheddar

Beat eggs in a large bowl.
Add the next eight ingredients and mix well.
Stir in 1 cup of cheese.
Pour into a greased baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour.
Top with remaining cheese.
Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Garnish with peppers if desired.

Mexican Corn Casserole Recipe

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/mexican-corn-casserole

Blog Archive