Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Gorgonzola Crusted Steak

This was really good aside from the fact that I was kind of sad about the quality of meat we had.  We go to a local butcher were the meat is typically very high end, however this time our NY Strips were extremely fatty which made me very sad for the price we paid for them.  I guess that just happens sometimes though.  :-(

The flavor on these were amazing, I made some for the kids that didn't have the cheese on it because I don't think they would have appreciated it...  However hubby and I both really liked it.  I like the twang that it gave the meat just a little extra flavor at the end.

I have made steaks with parmesan on top before and I think I like those a little more but these are a close second.  I think the main thing I like about the parm is the crunch and the little bit of saltiness that it adds.

2 – 3 Lb Sirloin Steaks
1 C Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 C Dijon Mustard
1/4 C Olive Oil
1 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
3 Garlic Cloves Minced
Salt and Pepper
1/4 Lb Blue Cheese (I use Gorgonzola)
 
Combine vinegar, mustard, olive oil, worcestershire, garlic, salt and pepper in bowl.
Place steaks in ziplock bag or shallow baking pan and cover with marinade.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Remove from refrigerator and bring to room temperature about an hour before ready to grill.
Pour off marinade and pat dry.
Prepare grill and sear steaks on both sides over high heat.
Lower the heat and close the lid, allow steaks to cook until medium rare, about 10-15 minutes. (Cut it open or use a thermometer if your not sure!)
Allow steak to sit for 5 or 10 minutes.
Then slice 1/2 inch slices against the grain and fan out on a baking sheet.
Sprinkle cheese oven steak and place 3 inches below broiler on high for 2-3 minutes until melted.
 
Gorgonzola Crusted Sirloin Steaks

Blog Archive