Pages

Friday, June 6, 2014

Mini Quiche!

I decided today to make some many quiche for a party I am having tonight, I used pie crust and a shot glass to make them the perfect size for a mini muffin pan.  I ended up with slightly more of the egg mixture than the crust but I plan on using it for breakfast in the morning so it won't go to waste.  These were so delicious, they were the first thing completely gone, and I like that you can finish them off in just one or two bites. 
 
Pie Crust
6 slices bacon, diced
1 onion, finely diced
6 eggs
1 cup cream
1 cup grated cheese
1 tsp house seasoning
 
Cook the onion and bacon over a low heat until the onion is softened.
Allow to cool a little.
Mix together with the eggs, cream, cheese, and house seasoning
Using a cookie cutter or glass (I used a shotglass and then used my fingers to smoosh them a bit), cut circles from each pastry sheet.
Use these to line a GREASED mini muffin pan.
Place about 2 teaspoons of the egg and bacon mix in each pastry base.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 12 minutes per tray (or until puffed, golden and set).
Repeat with remaining pastry sheets and mix.

Blog Archive