Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Cheesy Baked Rice

This rice was kind of like my day very blah.  I have been feeling pretty bad the past few days and today it hit me full force.  In fact I spent most of the day on the couch which for me is very unusual.

Tonight I went ahead and made dinner anyway and did a speed clean to make sure the house was clean when hubby got home.  Hubby walked through the door and immediately dropped the Diet Dr Pepper he had brought me... huge mess.  So he leaves again to go get me another one, when he gets home I take a sip and it tastes like funky water.  Then after dinner my oldest was taking his plate to the sink and dropped it and everything he had leftover went everywhere, including pieces of my plate.  So I sent hubby back to Mc Donalds (with all 3 kiddos) where the lady told him that she tried to catch him before he left because she knew I wouldn't like the drink, and told him their machine was funky gave him his money back and told him to go to Sonic.  Now I am sitting on the couch enjoying my drink and my cough drops, getting ready for Real Housewives of Orange County.

That being said I think this is a decent base recipe and with some spices it could be pretty good however, I am not sure if I even want to waste my time or money on making it again.

4 cups cooked rice (This is about 1 1/3 cup uncooked rice :-) )
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 cup shredded colby jack or cheddar cheese
3 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt- you can use regular salt, but I like the extra flavoring of seasoning salt (I used at least 1 tsp)

In a bowl mix all ingredients using only half the cheese.
Spread into a greased 8×8 pan or similar casserole type dish and spread remaining cheese on top.
Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes or until heat through and cheese is nice and melted.

Cheesy Baked Rice

http://www.lynnskitchenadventures.com/2013/11/cheesy-baked-rice-simple-side-dish.html

Blog Archive