Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken

Hubby isn't much on crock pot meals and honestly neither am I, however this week my evenings are very busy so I am doing a few crockpot meals. 

A few weeks ago our church did our VBS and the Spanish church in town asked if we could help them do a Vacation Bible School, so of course our church said yes!  So all this week my evenings are being spent with some super cute kiddos.  They are ALL adorable.  I have the cutest group of little pre school girls with canyon sized dimples.  So sweet! 

This chicken was so nice and tender and the flavor was great.  I actually even poured some of the balsamic dressing over my potatoes and of course it was delicious.  Balsamic vinegar is one of my favorite flavors! 

1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp onion
4 garlic cloves minced
1 tb extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
8 chicken breasts (or thighs)
sprinkle of fresh parsley

Combine first five spices in a bowl.
Spread over chicken on both sides.
Set aside.
Pour olive oil and garlic on bottom of crock pot.
Place chicken on top.
Pour balsamic over chicken.
Cover and cook on high for four hours. (I did low for 7)
Sprinkle with fresh parsley on top to serve.

Blog Archive