Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Ground Beef and Noodle Casserole

Hubby is helping a friend move tonight and I am sorry that he wasn't here to try this dinner with us.  It was really good, although next time I may cut back on the pepper.  The kids all enjoyed it and Nathan and Belle went back for more several times.  It was quick, easy, and delicious... I think that means its a keeper!

1 lb. ground beef
15 oz. can of mixed veggies (I just used fresh carrots)
2 cups cooked macaroni noodles
¼ cup onion (chopped) (I used 1 tsp onion powder and 1 tsp garlic powder)
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
8 oz. shredded cheese
Sauce Mixture (ingredients below):
¼ cup butter or margarine
¼ cup flour
1 cup milk

Cook macaroni noodles as directed and drain.
Brown ground beef and onion (and garlic) and drain grease.
Melt butter, mix in flour and milk to make sauce in a bowl.
At this point I added salt and pepper.
Add mixed veggies and macaroni noodles together with ground beef in a oven safe dish.
Mix in 1 cup shredded cheese and add sauce mixture to casserole.
Top with 1 cup shredded cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!

Blog Archive