Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Ground Beef 'n' Biscuits Recipe

One of my favorite things is to get my meat straight from the butcher.  I absolutely love the sound the paper makes as you unwrap the meat.  When our local grocer puts their ground beef on sale I tend to stock up, because it can be fairly pricey if you get the good stuff.  I also love buying steaks at the butcher however when I got outside I realized that I had thrown in pork and not steak... I guess that's what happens when you take three young kiddos (who were surprisingly good) and your grandmother (who was unsurprisingly bad :-) ) into the store.

Yummy yummy yummy I got love in my tummy.  Hellooooooooooooooo easy meal.  I literally threw this together in about 5 minutes and then popped it in the oven.  It made my heart happy after such a difficult day.  We will be having this again in the future!!!
 
1-1/2 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion                            
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce (I had an open jar of ragu (garlic and herbs) so I used that)                            
1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
 
In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat, until meat is no longer pink; drain.
Stir in the flour, salt, oregano and pepper until blended.
Add tomato sauce and peas; simmer for 5 minutes.
Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
Separate biscuits; arrange over beef mixture. S
prinkle with cheese.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
 
*I also sprinkled some parmesan on with the cheddar.

Ground Beef 'n' Biscuits Recipe

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/ground-beef--n--biscuits

Blog Archive