Pages

Friday, July 11, 2014

Hootenanny Pancakes

Even the dog wouldn't eat it...  I had high hopes for this because it looked like a quick easy breakfast.  The other users had rated it a 4 out of 5 stars so I thought it would be a hit.  I mixed it all up, popped it in the oven and then went for a shower.  When I took it out of the oven the kids loved the look of it because there were bubbles on it.  Tasting it was a different story however... the texture was way too eggy for me.  Nathan and Jacob immediately commented that they didn't like it and Belle ate all of hers but did not ask for more.  I feel like this was a waste of perfectly good eggs and tried to feed it to the dog so it wouldn't be completely wasted but he didn't even eat it.
 
1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
6 eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup flour
 
Preheat oven to 425 degree F.
Put entire stick butter into a 9 x 13 inch pan.
Put pan with butter into the oven until butter is melted.
Beat the eggs, milk, and salt until frothy.
Add flour.  
Beat until mixed.
Pour over melted butter.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Serve with syrup or jelly.
Raegan Mirick's photo.
 

Blog Archive