Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Mocha Cookie Frozen Coffee

Let me preface this post by saying I am NOT a coffee girl.  Hubby loves coffee and I like the thought of loving coffee, something about it just seems so sophisticated to me, however I just can't handle it.  Hubby likes his coffee black I am talking nothing in it and the darkest roast he can get. 

On the occasion that we go through Starbucks I typically get a hot chocolate, even in the middle of summer, sometimes I go out on a limb and get an iced drink.  So I decided that I was going to make my own, I found this recipe and gave it a try.  I am happy to say it is super yummy and cost less than a dollar to make, at Starbucks it would be atleast $3 for a small. 

 
Soooooo yummy!

1 full tray of Frozen coffee ice cubes (coffee brewed then placed in ice cube trays and frozen overnight)
¾ or 1 cup milk (more or less to taste and consistency)
2 Tbsp sugar (more or less to taste)
2 Tbsp. Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
¼ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
¼ cup crushed Oreo Cookies (with the middle cream part taken out)
Chocolate Whipped Cream (Beat together ¼ cup sugar with 2 Tbsp Cocoa and 1 cup whipping cream) (I don't like whip cream so I left this off)
 
Blend all ingredient except the chocolate whipped cream in a blender.
Blend until smooth.
Pour into glass and serve with the chocolate whipped cream and a few sprinkles of the crushed Oreo's.
Enjoy!!!
 
 
 

Blog Archive